University of Brighton

Enys Road Branch has a medical centre at the University of Brighton based in Trevin Towers, Gaudick Road.  This is temporarily closed due to Covid-19.  All patients will be seen at Enys Road Branch.


You can register with the Practice online by clicking here.  Completed forms should then be saved and emailed back to  Do not wait until you get ill to register as this could delay your treatment.

You will be seen at Enys Road Branch, please call 01323 410088 to make an appointment, make sure you say you are a Brighton University Student.


The Practice is open Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 6.00pm.  The phone lines open from 8.00am.  

Repeat Prescriptions

If you are on regular medication your prescription will be ready for collection from the pharmacy of your choice. Please allow at least 2 working days and ensure that you have enough medication to cover any holiday periods. You can request your items in writing or by registering online for our Patient access services.  The prescribing team is available between 2.00pm and 4.00pm daily on  01323 410088, option 2 if you have any questions.

We do not take requests over the telephone.

Out of Hours

If you become unwell “out of hours”, your first point of contact for emergency medical advice is the NHS 111 service (call 111).  You will be given advice from a Doctor and if appropriate, be asked to attend the Accident & Emergency Centre at the Eastbourne District General Hospital. Alternatively, the walk in clinic at Eastbourne Station is open 8 am till 8 pm.

You can also use Engage Consult to contact your doctor or download the LIVI app to speak to a GP, you can find these links on the Home page.  

Medical Certificates

If you are unwell and are absent from the University, please call the Practice on 01323 410088 who will assist you with the appropriate forms.

Holiday Periods

If you need to see a GP when you return home during your holidays, please ask to be seen as a Temporary Resident. Please do not register as a permanent patient elsewhere, as you will need to complete the registration process with us again on your return to University.

Sexual Health

For sexual health advice, contraceptive advice and repeat pill checks see the nurse at Enys Road Branch or alternatively a GP. 

Travel Advice

Our Practice Nurses based at Enys Road Branch are also available to provide you with health advice for your overseas holiday. In addition to giving you advice about vaccinations, they will also talk to you about how to stay healthy when abroad, particularly when travelling to third world countries. In some instances where the vaccinations are not provided through the NHS, we will need to refer you to a local travel clinic.
Please complete one of the forms in our Travel section and seek advice at least 6 weeks before travelling.

For any trips undertaken with the University of Brighton, e.g Gambia, we usually have a clinic specifically for these so please enquire at Enys Road Branch.

Travel Medicals

Some students obtain work overseas during the long vacation. Organisations such as Camp America and CCUSA ask for a Medical Questionnaire and occasionally a Medical Examination. This service is over and above what is provided through the NHS and a charge will be made.  Please email your forms to for processing.  We will need at least 10 working days to organise the completion of these forms and any examination that may be required.

University of Brighton