We, as a team at Enys Road Branch, are committed to giving the best possible health care. The purpose of this charter is to set out the services we offer and what we expect of our patients in order to provide the best possible service.
We undertake to provide you with medical care as detailed in our contract with Eastbourne, Hailsham and Seaford CCG.
What we provide:
- You will be treated courteously, with kindness and dignity, irrespective of ethnic origin, religion, cultural beliefs, sex or age.
- You have a right to confidentiality.
- You will be seen by a doctor the same day if your problem is urgent.
- You will be seen by your own doctor wherever possible.
- You have the right to access your health services records, subject to limitations in the law. If you require access to your notes, please ask your GP in writing.
- We will try to ensure that you wait no longer than 40 minutes after your appointment time before being seen. If the wait is longer, an explanation will be given.
- In the event of a doctor having to deal with an emergency you will be informed and offered a new consultation if appropriate.
- If you have a medical condition that requires a repeat prescription, it will be ready for you to collect within 2 working days from receipt of your request.
- Urgent home visits will be carried out or telephone advice given on the day of the request.
- The surgery will remain clean and well decorated and your privacy will always be respected. Facilities for disabled patients will always be available and additional assistance will be given if required and where possible.
- You will be referred to a specialist if your GP thinks it is necessary and referred for a second opinion if you or your GP think it is desirable.
- You will be given the result of any test upon request or at your next appointments.
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly.
What we expect of our patients:
- Endeavour to always treat staff with respect and in a friendly manner.
- Please understand that it is not the receptionist’s fault if the doctor is delayed.
- Please do not ask for information about anyone else other than yourself.
- Please notify the Practice in good time if you are unable to keep an appointment. This can be offered to another patient.
- Please notify the Practice of any change of address or telephone number. This information could be vital for an emergency.
- Please arrive on time for an appointment.